If you are considering doing a Yoga Teacher Training, you might be overwhelmed by the incredible variety and choice available out there! With often only a sales page and a price, it’s hard to know if you are truly picking the right training for you.
Here are 10 things we think you should consider before picking the right training for you:
You have to find what sparks a light in you so that you in your own way can illuminate the world.Oprah Winfrey
- What style of yoga is taught: Modern yoga has taken many different forms. Each style of yoga has some particularities and requires dedicated training before it can be taught. Make sure to pick a training that teaches a style that resonates with you and with your yoga career aspirations.
- What is the location: An intensive training is… well, intensive! Being in a suitable environment will help you focus on your journey, rather than on operational issues and other annoyances! After a long day of physical classes and lectures, the last thing you will want is a noisy environment, a blocked shower, or a blend meal!
- Who are the teachers: Your teachers will be your guides in this immersive journey. Make sure that you resonate with their vibes and their experience! Reach out and talk to them, see if you connect and if you feel safe and confident under their guidance.
- Is the team responsive: How the team responds to your questions and inquiries is a good sign of how much they care about their clients. Since you will give them a few weeks of your life, you rather ensure that they care about you! Never feel shy to ask all the questions you want, and see how and what they reply. After all, it is your journey and you deserve to know all about it!
- How big is the group: Bigger groups have a lot of energy. Smaller groups promise a more intimate and personal experience. Pick what is right for you!
- Is the training operated legally: Many retreats and trainings are not registered to operate legally in the country where they are hosted. It creates a risk that the events could be cancelled by the local authorities, and lose you thousands of dollars. Protect yourself by ensuring that your training is hosted under the local regulations and immigration laws.
- What is included in the price: Cheaper doesn’t mean better! Carefully check what is included in your package to avoid having to spend more than you expected! Will you have to pay for your meals? Are the beverages included? Are the activities extra costs? Will you have to buy books and manuals? All these add up, so make sure to include them when you compare prices.
- How does the daily schedule look: Is there a variety of physical versus theory classes, and is there enough down time to integrate all the lessons? An intensive training will challenge your physical and mental limits, so make sure that the schedule is well balanced to maximize your learning.
- What do the past students say: Check testimonials and reach out to past students to find out firsthand what to expect from your training – they are the best source of information and can even give you tips to better prepare for this adventure!
- Most importantly, listen to your intuition: It knows if something feels right or not! A Yoga Teacher Training is an incredible and transformational experience so take the time, turn inwards and you will know!
If you check all these, you will maximize your chances of having an unforgettable experience, for all the right reasons! 😉
How would you pick the right Yoga Teacher Training? Let us know in the comments!